Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need original u-boot for GoFlexNet

Posted by atglabs 
Need original u-boot for GoFlexNet
November 18, 2018 03:14PM
I wasn't able to make a copy of the original u-boot (U-Boot 1.1.4 Cloud Engines 1.1.2 (3.4.22))on my GoFlexNet. I had to install bodhi's latest u-boot via tftpboot since I could not run kwboot. Is there a repository of original pogo goflexnet files up on dropbox? I searched the forum as best I could and can't find any suggestions for this issue. I need it so I can use the following in my env vars to chain-boot the original:
setenv pogo_bootcmd 'if fsload uboot-original-mtd0.kwb; then go 0x800200; fi'

Alternatively, it seems the reason I need the original uboot is that the kernel decrypting for the MTD1 partition uses a different algorithm than the new u-boot I installed. Any way to extract the old kernel and re-encrypt it with latest algorithm? Then it should boot the original kernel using the new u-boot, I think.

TIA

Jerry

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2018 04:35PM by atglabs.
Re: Need original u-boot for GoFlexNet
November 18, 2018 08:07PM
If nobody upload stock uboot, I’ll find it in my boxes.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
November 19, 2018 02:24AM
Jerry,

> Alternatively, it seems the reason I need the
> original uboot is that the kernel decrypting for
> the MTD1 partition uses a different algorithm
> than the new u-boot I installed.

No, that's not the reason. It is a different issue altogether. But the 2nd issue can only be solved after you got the 1st one solved.

1. The new GoFlex Net u-boot cannot boot stock OS on NAND (because I never attempt to make it work). The stock kernel has a lot of hardcoded hacks in it. It would be a waste of effort to figure it out how to boot an ancient kernel such as stock. So that's why the chainload method was used (this was originally introduced by Jeff in his old script).

2. The rootfs mtd in NAND used an pretty old compression algorithm combination scheme. When you mount this in a modern Debian system, the default compression scheme is different. Thus, when you modify and save it, the rootfs compression scheme changes. Stock u-boot can no longer read it properly, because it does not have the algorithm that was used in Debian.

So that why I've listed 2 tasks that you need to do before you can boot stock OS on NAND mtd.

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
November 19, 2018 02:31AM
Here is the orginal Dockstar u-boot, which is the same as one on GoFlex Net. You just need to change arcNumber and machid to make it boot the GoFlex Home/Net kernel.

I got this from some user in this forum and can't remember who (I failed to make a note of that).

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
Attachments:
open | download - uboot-original-mtd0.kwb (512 KB)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.