Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

older versions of uboot and netconsole?

Posted by volar 
volar
older versions of uboot and netconsole?
June 10, 2014 01:12AM
I've been running squeeze off a usb hard drive on dockstar since I acquired many years ago. Much to my chagrin the dockstar no longer boots off the original cloudengines firmware off internal flash (if no usb devices plugged in). As I don't have a serial cable I'm loathe to change any uboot environment settings, since the usb hdd is currently the only device from which I can boot the dockstar successfully. I'm afraid one incorrect boot device directive will render me unable to communicate with the dockstar.

I wanted to try netconsole, but unfortunately I wasn't able to get it to work. (Operator error can't be ruled out, although I did read instructions and tried several times.) In fact there was no lan activity at all, which leads me to wonder if netconsole functionality was available on the installed version of uboot.

According to the md5sum of relevant part of mtd0, the installed uboot version is 'dockstar jeff-2010-08-30.' As far as I can discern this vesion doesn't seem to scan for devices on all usb ports, which also is an additional complication. Does anyone know for certain that netconsole functionality is supported on this version of uboot?

Really can use some guidance.

Thanks!
volar
Re: older versions of uboot and netconsole?
June 10, 2014 07:36AM
Sorry for the false alarm, turns out I had a typo in my 'start_netconsole' directive.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.