Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to determine version and upgrade?

Posted by shirsch 
How to determine version and upgrade?
October 31, 2010 03:31PM
I have looked through the forum and cannot figure out (a) how one determines the installed version of u-boot or (b) how one upgrades it. Is there a page or link on Jeff's site I'm overlooking? All I seem to see are announcements of new releases and the initial install procedure (which of course I've already done). Is upgrade a matter of re-running the install script?
Re: How to determine version and upgrade?
October 31, 2010 06:14PM
I'm not sure of a way to determine the uBoot version. But to upgrade, follow the install instructions at the top of http://jeff.doozan.com/debian/uboot/
October 31, 2010 07:54PM
ayrlander Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not sure of a way to determine the uBoot
> version. But to upgrade, follow the install
> instructions at the top of
> http://jeff.doozan.com/debian/uboot/

Ok, so it's a matter of following the same procedure that I used initially to install it. Is it safe to assume that script will always pull down the latest version? I always feel more confident if something shows a version number.
October 31, 2010 08:43PM
That's a safe assumption. I don't think Jeff keeps older versions readily available for download. The script always pulls down the latest and greatest.
November 08, 2010 08:42AM
I was trying to figure out version of uboot too.

I have a few dockstars, one that I keep older bootloader on, and I can cold boot usb stick and hard drives that I NOW can't on my updated uboot that added pogo2,go support and other things to it.
I wold like to downgrade.
Maybe Jeff can seperate uboot loaders for each device.
For example:
Dockstar uboot
Go uboot
Pogo 2 uboot

Or have uboot by version number and we download the version we want.

Or I hope Jeff addresses the "cold"boot option by using one of his sticks or a usb portable hard drive that doesn't "cold" boot and adjust uboot settings until it boots it.

Obviously the stick works on "warm" boot, so it's not a stick problem, it's a parameter setting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2010 08:44AM by rgtaa.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.