Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

nanddump issues...

Posted by Peter Dohm 
Peter Dohm
nanddump issues...
November 07, 2010 07:02PM
hi all.

jeff, does anyone have a statically compiled version of nanddump (or the source)?

i'm using the very latest (head of the backfire branch) openwrt code on a pogoplug with uClibc version 0.9.30.3-43.8, and the nanddump binary doesn't execute, chiefly because i believe it's looking for a different set of shared-libraries when executing.

sorry for the hassle.

cheers.

Peter
Peter Dohm
Re: nanddump issues...
November 07, 2010 10:04PM
hi all.

jeff, in order to work around this, i just reverted back to the stock firmware for the pogoplug and used your script.

for future flexibility, it might be useful if those are statically linked, agree?

cheers.

Peter
Peter
January 24, 2011 10:31PM
Same boat I think. I installed OpenWRT and now want to change at least uboot so that I can boot from a usb flashdrive. I can't run the nanddump program even though it is in my /usr/sbin directory and executable.

How did you revert back to stock firmware? I think I saved the files somewhere.
Till Maas
August 27, 2011 09:16AM
nanddump belongs to linux-mtd. The source is available here:
http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/faq/general.html
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.