Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reflash GoFlexNet?

Posted by RobB 
Reflash GoFlexNet?
November 25, 2010 08:25PM
It seems I've done a number on my goflexnet. I ran Jeff's doctstar.debian-squeeze.sh script (with goflex option) and after installing successfully it got stuck trying to boot, with and without a usb stick. After getting a CA-42 working I found the device was getting stuck on '## Starting application at 0x00800200 …'. I'd provide the console output but I tried restoring the uboot loader and then a full restore and managed to make things worse. Based on the latest output, I think the only option left is to restore everything (mtd0,1,2):

U-Boot 2010.09 (Oct 23 2010 - 11:53:10)
Marvell-GoflexNet by Jeff Doozan, Peter Carmichael

SoC:   Kirkwood 88F6281_A0
DRAM:  128 MiB
NAND:  256 MiB
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Net:   egiga0
88E1116 Initialized on egiga0
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0

NAND read: device 0 offset 0x100000, size 0x300000

I'd like to know if there is a step-by-step tutorial for reflashing the goflexnet, similar to the one for the dockstar (Seagate Dockstar Reflashing)? I've made all of the necessary backups before doing anything but I'm not sure exactly how to restore them via my tftp connection.

I really appreciate any advise that may help!
cheers
truehl
Re: Reflash GoFlexNet?
December 09, 2010 03:51PM
Hi RobB,
did you found a solution??? I have the same problem. I can boot from stick but not from NAND! It's only blinking orange! I've tried to install the resure system. It look good during this installation but I still cannot boot from NAND!

Greetings,
Thomas
Re: Reflash GoFlexNet?
December 10, 2010 07:18PM
I did find a way to get it to work, but it may or may not be an option for you. After trying to get anything on my goflex to boot, I decided to try this (Install Plugbox Linux into NAND memory) before giving up - and it worked! After being able to connect again, I re-ran Jeff's debian tutorial. So now I have Plugbox linux running in NAND and debian on a SATA ultra-portable drive!

If you try it, you may have to reset some of the environment parameters to get everything up and running, but that's the easy part!

Hope that helps.
cheers
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.