Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NSA325 NAND flash gone wrong - kwboot a kwb file OK!

Posted by connaisseur 
NSA325 NAND flash gone wrong - kwboot a kwb file OK!
April 17, 2016 10:27AM
I've done something wrong with NAND flashing latest Arch Linux U-Boot in stock env on a NSA325v2.

Now the box isn't self-booting / self-hosting anymore.

But with kwboot and a decent U-Boot kwb file I'm able to boot the box and have access to a "NSA325>"-prompt.

Now how to write the U-Boot inside kwboot to correct addresses? Plus I'd could use some advise for checking the enviroment for booting.

--volker
Re: NSA325 NAND flash gone wrong - kwboot a kwb file OK!
April 17, 2016 10:38AM
'inside kwboot' is just inside u-boot. Flush u-boot just the u-boot way.

-syong
jfp
April 17, 2016 10:49AM
Volker,

because you were able to "kwboot" into a current uBoot I would suggest you to boot debian from a prepared rootfs usb flashdisk as described here.

Put the working uboot image you used successfully with kwboot onto the flashdisk too.

Finally go ahead with the instruction provided by bodhi here.

For the NSA325v2 at least the environment needs to be flashed according B. Flashing default u-boot envs image before adding your own modifications.

Regards,
Joe
April 17, 2016 02:48PM
volker,

But with kwboot and a decent U-Boot kwb file I'm able to boot the box and have access to a "NSA325>"-prompt.

Do what Joe said, but use the 2015.10 NSA325 u-boot, to run kwboot. This makes sure you can boot all the way into Debian with its default envs.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2016 02:50PM by bodhi.
April 17, 2016 02:55PM
Was able to set up a decent USB-Stick to boot a mini-Debian. Had a little struggle finding correct boot environment vars. Found some in this forum.

I'm able to boot from flash again with a matching Achlinux environment.

Thanks @Joe and @bodi
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.