Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pogoplug E01 u-boot question

Posted by rayknight 
Pogoplug E01 u-boot question
June 13, 2016 08:56PM
I just acquired a Pogoplug E01 the original Cloud Engines plug. The internal board is manufactured by GlobalScale Technologies and indicates a REV3.0 It is a 1.2Ghz 88F6281 with 512MB Hynix NAND and 256MB Elpida RAM. There is only a single USB 2.0 and Gigabit Ethernet via the 88E1116R. There is also an on-board battery. Stock U-Boot is 1.1.4 CloudEngines (3.4.16). Stock linux kernel is 2.6.22.18. I'm wondering if it is safe to use the E02 U-Boot image or would the SheevaPlug image be more appropriate?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2016 12:05AM by bodhi.
I had that Plug (until I fried it by trying to use the wrong cable for serial) and I used the E02 u-boot. What sucks about that plug (other than one USB port and no SD card slot) is the the serial console connector is the same 4 position 1.25 micro JST pico blade as used in the Guruplug, Dreamplug and HP T5325. Better order a cable now before you start playing with it. And figure a future upgrade (if you wanna call it that) is ripping out the power supply and replacing it with a 5.5 x 2.1mm female console power plug which you can connect a 2 amp 5V wall wart to. Once you remove the power supply there is plenty of space for the plug inside the case. Runs cooler too ..............
Re: Pogoplug E01 u-boot question
June 14, 2016 12:09AM
rayknight Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just acquired a Pogoplug E01 the original Cloud
> Engines plug. The internal board is manufactured
> by GlobalScale Technologies and indicates a REV3.0
> It is a 1.2Ghz 88F6281 with 512MB Hynix NAND and
> 256MB Elpida RAM. There is only a single USB 2.0
> and Gigabit Ethernet via the 88E1116R. There is
> also an on-board battery. Stock U-Boot is 1.1.4
> CloudEngines (3.4.16). Stock linux kernel is
> 2.6.22.18. I'm wondering if it is safe to use the
> E02 U-Boot image or would the SheevaPlug image be
> more appropriate?

Use the E02 u-boot, and boot with kwboot first. Don't flash without confirming that it works.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.