Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dockstar does not boot when a wwan stick is plugged in to the "dock"usb port .. why?

Posted by Evilandi666 
Maybe it isn't a uboot problem, but a debian problem. Don't know...
Wwan sticks (UMTS modems) usually start up as a virtual USB CD-ROM drive from which the drivers and the dialer application is installed. The driver then switches on the modem part of the device. This configuration messes with the boot process, because the U-Boot scripts and the Linux kernel appear to treat the virtual CD-ROM differently and that results in the kernel getting a wrong "root" parameter. This only happens when the 3G modem is attached to a USB port which is enumerated before the USB port to which the boot medium is attached. The order of the USB ports on the Dockstar is:

1: mini-USB on top
2: next to the Ethernet port
3: next to second
4: right side
Can we somehow change that order or disable booting from the top one?

(i also got the cddrive feature disabled in the fw of wwan, but there is still a microsd slot, which is the problem i think (and i don't want to deactivate))
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.