Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

more recent uboot with usb fixes ?

Posted by devzero 
more recent uboot with usb fixes ?
March 12, 2011 05:37PM
Hello,

is there a more recent uboot available for dockstar or can somebody tell how to make one and add it without too much risk into an existing dockstar?

i have found there is a patch in uboot which may help solve the "well known issues" with booting from non-flash usb storage. Actually i have a dockstar with wirks with an external usb sata enclosure and WD disk and i have another one with the same encolusure model and WD disk model - which fails with the symptoms mentioned below - so it seems it`s a timing issue in the uboot driver code....

i have much problems with this so it took me a while to find out there was a change in uboot usb core code that may help ........ see conversation below. that sounds good, doesn`t it ?

but i never built a uboot and don`t dare to install uboot without really knowing what i`m doing.....so any help from anybody with more experience with this s highly welcomed....

regards
roland

Von: "Simon Glass" <email hidden>
Gesendet: 12.03.2011 22:19:03
An: "Roland Kletzing" <devzero@web.de>
Betreff: Re: uboot timeout "fix" ?

>Hi Roland,
>
>Yes I believe there is a good chance that this fix will help. The
>timeout for EHCI was definitely too short and some bulk-bulk-bulk
>cards would fail to respond in time. Also without error checking
>U-Boot wouldn't notice and would carry on with things broken.
>
>Regards,
>Simon
>
>
>On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 7:43 AM, Roland Kletzing <devzero@web.de> wrote:
>>
>> sorry for nagging......
>>
>> but there are so many people with problems like i have - see
>> http://openplug.org/plugforum/index.php?topic=131.0
>> for example.
>>
>>
>> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
>> Von: Roland Kletzing <devzero@web.de>
>> Gesendet: 12.03.2011 19:18:40
>> An: Simon Glass (email hidden)
>> Betreff: uboot timeout "fix" ?
>>
>>>
>>>Hello Simon,
>>>
>>>sorry for contacting you privately and off-uboot-list, but maybe you can give a comment/guess , if your fix at
>>>
>>>http://git.denx.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=u-boot.git;a=commit;h=96820a35873b4c005f732432c6a168decc9d22b9
>>>
>>>may help with problems like these
>>>
>>>scanning bus for devices... 3 USB Device(s) found
>>> scanning bus for storage devices... <----hangs here forever sometimes----> 1 Storage Device(s) found
>>>
>>>and if it`s worth to put work (and risk) in trying a new uboot (containing your fix) with my dockstar ?
>>>
>>>thank you!
>>>
>>>regards
>>>Roland
Re: more recent uboot with usb fixes ?
March 13, 2011 09:06PM
I'd be interested if Jeff or anyone else can comment?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.