Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pogoplug v2 fried?

Posted by Bad Joker 
Bad Joker
Pogoplug v2 fried?
May 29, 2011 03:29PM
Hey there,

i did a mistake during installing Debian on my Pogoplug v2 (pink).
Now i try to get an serial connection because it does not boot anymore (it can't boot anymore, i wrote wrong stuff to the uboot setenv variables).

I got an PL2303 adapter and connected the 3 pins (Rx, Tx and GND) to the correct pins on the RS232 port (2, 3 and 5).

But the only stuff i get out of the Pogo is this:
¿k533¿w!!¿¥¿­åëe=''¥_-#)_!1!¿;
!¿£      =#åëåëY!y¿¿¿i-¿s'åëa¿¿¿5'åëu¿¿¿5'åë¬ÓÑìûûMLKLOy=ì¬u¿m#--='-
                                                                    57¿!#¿51-1=å¿!¿!¿=!;!!¿¿¿ïïïÛ¿ïïïë¿ïïïû¿åëYO£¢ÓÒÒ¿

My setup is:
Putty with correct COM2 port, 115200, 8, 1, none, no flow control
Driver is also set to COM2 port, 115200, 8, 1, none, no flow control (latest 1.4.17 driver)

Other serial stuff works fine on the same port.

Any ideas what could it be? I also tried different flow control settings (like XON/XOFF), but no change.

Maybe i fried my Pogoplug during direct connection to my normal COM1 port on my rig? Or is there any chance to get it alive again?

I would appreciate any hint.
Re: Pogoplug v2 fried?
May 29, 2011 03:48PM
Have you tried other baudrates?

When you connect it to the serial port of your PC you have to use a level shifter because the RS232 levels will kill the CPU.

DockStar RTC
DockStar Overclocking

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2011 03:49PM by omega.
Bad Joker
May 29, 2011 04:01PM
OK i didn't use a level shifter, so i guess it's fried...

Anyway, it has the uboot from jeff, so the serial settings should be 115200 or not?

With this adapter i even do not get any serial output: http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/ICs/FT232R.htm

Any ideas? Serial works perfect with my dbox2 here... so that's not the problem...
May 30, 2011 02:29PM
Are you sure it is a V2 see http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?3,4900 ? What is the model number and when did you buy it?
Bad Joker
June 14, 2011 10:26AM
Yep of cause it's a POGO-E02 :)

I did several tests now and I killed it with the normal 12V COM port. I already bought a new one and now i won't kill the uboot again :)

Thanks for the help.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.