Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

goflex recover

Posted by garyj 
garyj
goflex recover
August 19, 2011 01:08PM
I followed the instructions here http://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv5/seagate-goflex-home without error. Last step rebooted, and the light comes up solid green, and my router can see the mac on the network, but it doesn't appear to have asked for an IP address (via dhcp or avahi or whatever). Is that normal, to configure that stuff post-install? And if so, do I need a usb-serial cable in order to do it, or is there some other way?

I've been searching for a general intro guide, but it feels like I'm missing something.

I've also made a uboot rescue usb stick, and it seems to boot off of that okay too, but same problem -- no interface is brought up so no remote access. Is that a sign that something isn't working, or merely that I don't know what I'm doing? ;)

(btw, I'm not married to the Arch approach. Vanilla Debian would be great too). I just don't know what my next steps are.

thanks,
Gary
garyj
Re: goflex recover
August 19, 2011 09:25PM
nm, it's working fine, I had a bad network config
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.