Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

USB 6-in-1 reader and Compact Flash

Posted by metric 
USB 6-in-1 reader and Compact Flash
November 01, 2011 08:03PM
I have a dockstar with latest rescue/uboot from Jeff. I am trying to use a CF card connected to a USB multi-flash reader (SD, MMC, CF etc). The system does not see the bootable CF that I created with another CF only reader and boots in to rescue system. (CF boots from that original CF reader but it is USB 1.1 and slow.)

On a windows box the CF drive shows up as a third drive on this 6 -in-1 device. Is that a problem or U-Boot is supposed to scan all the devices attached? Are there any boot options that I can change to use this USB 2.0 device?

I am looking at:

setenv usb_init 'run usb_scan'
setenv usb_device '0:1'
setenv usb_root '/dev/sda1'

If I change it to another device, will it work?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2011 08:58PM by metric.
Re: USB 6-in-1 reader and Compact Flash
February 26, 2012 10:24AM
I am in the same case.
Installing lenny, upgraded to debian squeeze 8 worked fine. Tried all the usb slots, perfect. Move to the hdd to anoher dockstar, no proble at booting.
I decided to clone my boot partition to compact flash. I failed to clone it to smaller volume. So I decided to install lenny to CF from scratch.
Setup worked fine. But after reboot, It always goes to pogoplug prompt, for any of my both dockstar.
I though it was bad installation and retried to install from scratch, 3 or 4 times with no success.
I pu put the hdd back in place of CF and DS booted immediately.

So what is the issue with compact flash in multicard reader? If you have any idea, just tell us the working tip.

Thank you ;)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.