Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

/dev/mtd2: no such file or directory

Posted by stackbear 
/dev/mtd2: no such file or directory
August 01, 2014 01:02PM
Hey guys,

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I did a quick search and can't seem to find any answer.

So I have a pogoplug E02 and I am hoping to get Rescue System running on it. When running the install script (install_rescue.sh) it failed when trying to write to /dev/mtd2. There is no such a file on my pogoplug somehow (all I have is mtd0, mtd0ro, mtd1, mtd1ro). The uBoot I have is the uboot-pogo_e02 (2014.04.R4-1).

What did I messed up?

Thanks!
Re: /dev/mtd2: no such file or directory
August 07, 2014 11:32AM
I already answered this question in the Arch Linux ARM forum, but wanted to provide the answer here for future readers.

ArchLinuxArm has switched to the new mainline uBoot (away from Jeff's uBoot). The new mainline uboot (2014.04.R4-1) installation script doesn't properly set back the default MTD partition layout for the E02.

The default partition layout for E02 is the follow:
mtdparts=mtdparts=orion_nand:1M(u-boot),4M(uImage),32M(rootfs),-(data)

The mtd partition is configuration via the "mtdparts" uBoot environment variable.

#see the current layout
fw_printenv mtdparts

#set it back to the default
fw_setenv mtdparts 'mtdparts=orion_nand:1M(u-boot),4M(uImage),32M(rootfs),-(data)'

reboot and install the rescue env.

For reference:
http://archlinuxarm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=7573
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.