Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PogoPlug E02 GPIO

Posted by sl33nyc 
PogoPlug E02 GPIO
January 28, 2016 03:44PM
I managed to install OpenWRT onto it (and playing with the orange and green LEDs!), I started wondering if there are other GPIO pins. A quick:

root@OpenWrt:/sys/class/gpio# cat gpiochip0/ngpio
root@OpenWrt:/sys/class/gpio# cat gpiochip32/ngpio

suggests there are more available, but since I have virtually no experience hardware spelunking for undocumented GPIO pins, I figured I should at least start by finding someone who might’ve done so.

Has anybody identified additional GPIO pins on PogoPlug E02 board?
Re: PogoPlug E02 GPIO
January 31, 2016 07:39AM
as i understand it - they are there, but hidden underneath the kirkwood processor - so inaccessible.

Someone please correct me if i am wrong

for accessible gpio - you are better served looking at the v4 - these sit in SD card slot
January 31, 2016 12:09PM
There are quite a few GPIOs that are accessible in this Pogo E02, besides the LED GPIOs. Look in the DTS source (see the patch in kernel/rootfs thread).

See here for an example about how to access them in Linux
http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?3,23008,23017#msg-23017

Warning to beginners: be careful, you have to know exactly what the effect of writing to a GPIO pin before trying.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
January 31, 2016 12:57PM
@bodhi

I think the OP was looking for the physical location of the GPIOs. Do you have any documentation or images anywhere that shows them? or am i correct in my earlier statement that like the dockstar they are not physically available??
January 31, 2016 02:23PM
Yes, I was looking for the physical location of the GPIOs. I'm looking to break out GPIOs, so I can turn the Pogo E02 into something closer to a Raspberry Pi. Documentation or images would be awesome.

I found the manual for the SoC and know the SoC has a ton of functionality, but I was hoping some of the GPIO pins (MPP?) were easily accessible like the Pogo V4.
January 31, 2016 03:20PM
Ah, sorry I've misread the question! in that case, no, I'm not aware of anybody has successful identified/located them physically on the Pogo E02.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.