Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rescue System on GoFlex Net - u-boot envs settings example

Posted by lal 
Hi Bodhi

my device GoflexNet
i tested this new uboot with your updated boot parameters it works fine and very robust.
Thank you very much.

I had to modify the boot parameters coz I also have a rescue system installed on internal flash.
Here I am listing the extra boot parameter setting which I did, so others my also profit from them.

#force rescue command used to force the boot into rescue system.
fw_setenv force_rescue 0
fw_setenv force_rescue_bootcmd 'if test $force_rescue -eq 1 || ext2load usb 0:1 0x1700000 /rescueme 1 || fatload usb 0:1 0x1700000 /rescueme.txt 1; then run rescue_bootcmd; fi'

#rescue boot command
fw_setenv rescue_installed 1
fw_setenv rescue_bootcmd 'if test $rescue_installed -eq 1; then run rescue_set_bootargs; nand read.e 0x800000 0x100000 0x400000; bootm 0x800000; else run pogo_bootcmd; fi'
fw_setenv rescue_set_bootargs 'setenv bootargs console=$console ubi.mtd=2 root=ubi0:rootfs ro rootfstype=ubifs $mtdparts $rescue_custom_params'

#update global boot command to accommodate the rescue boot cmd
fw_setenv bootcmd 'run force_rescue_bootcmd; run bootcmd_uenv; run scan_disk; run set_bootargs; run bootcmd_exec; run rescue_bootcmd; reset'

thans & cheers
lal

---------
Mod: Made this into its own thread in Rescue System forum. Added code tag.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2016 01:22AM by bodhi.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.