Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

9/19 - Recovery System Updated

Posted by Jeff 
9/19 - Recovery System Updated
September 19, 2010 09:21PM
I've updated the Recovery System with a few good suggestions from Johannes plus better support for the Debian install scripts.

The system now uses zcip to handle IP addresses. If will attempt DHCP, and if that fails it will use 169.254.9.17 and if that's already in use, it will get an availble IP address in the 169.254.0.0/255.255.0.0 subnet.

The LED status lights have also changed. The LED will be orange until the init scripts finish. From then, the orange LED will always be a heartbeat (to show you're in the recovery system). When eth0 is up, the green LED will also be on.

I haven't cleaned up inittab yet, so if anyone want to help that's a good place to start. I'm sure there are many other parts of the system that still have room for improvement.

-- Jeff
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.