Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Important! A10 Board Configuration Files - script.bin described

Posted by gnexus 
Important! A10 Board Configuration Files - script.bin described
July 05, 2012 06:13PM
AllWinner A10-based devices use a configuration file in binary format to set up the SoC for different devices. This file, often referred to as script.bin, can also be named evb.bin (Mele Ax000) or sys_config.{product_name}.bin. The file is stored in the FAT partition with the kernel.

CNXSoft has a good article on Editing AllWinner A10 Board Configuration Files.

Although a generic script.bin will usually work, for proper setup of your device the correct script.bin should be used.
You simply need to mount partition 1 in Android and copy the files to an empty directory somewhere. Then locate script.bin and copy it into partition 1 of the SD card after renaming the other one. The script.bin can have different names depending upon the device. I think it is called mele.bin on the Mele boxes, for example. To be certain you have the proper file you can convert it into text with bin2fex tool. You can also then edit the script.bin file to alter settings such as clock speed, etc., and then convert it back with fex2bin. Hope that helps.

I'm trying to get the Debian SD image released today. I'm also working on a newer kernel. But maybe later I will be able to add more to this thread on script.bin. If you can add information to this thread please do so. Thanks!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2012 12:46PM by gnexus.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.