Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OrangePi running AV Linux (Debian-based) or alternative?

Posted by JoeyPogoPlugE02 
OrangePi running AV Linux (Debian-based) or alternative?
April 14, 2016 02:13PM
Gents, like last year I'm doing some planning a month in advance. Knock on wood and come hell or high water, I want to get two Orange Pi Plus 2 SOCs and have lots of good times with a neighborhood LAMP stack and Linux media production. That said, 2G of RAM look kind of low when you're rendering some video project, but with a SATA 2 jack you could even use a cheap SSD for swap or something. This in theory would be the bees knees.

The allure of AV Linux is that it's a re-distro of a Debian kernel tuned for low latency (if you sing into a mic it'll be processed without a huge time delay and you can monitor the result without going insane) - that and the included video editing software (Cinerella and others) are notorious for being hard to setup. I could go on and on, WINE ASIO with VST for the highly-evolved Windows-platform audio plugins and a decent desktop in its own right.

If anyone is okay with it, here's a thread to brainstorm to your heart's content if you're interested or have anything on your mind.

Maybe a better question is, for the Pis., how are they if you want to install any old thing like Mint, or for that matter, did I check to see if AV Linux even runs on Pi processors? My bad. BIAB

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.