Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Mele A2000 is here! The Mele A2000 unboxing thread.

Posted by gnexus 
The Mele A2000 is here! The Mele A2000 unboxing thread.
July 04, 2012 06:30AM
Here is the Mele A2000 full review. It is still a work in progress and will eventually include Android 4.0 benchmarks, Debian benchmarks, and much more hardware hacking. Please post suggestions or comments on the article.

I got a letter in the post today:

Revenue Commissioner
Your item of post is being held at this office pending purchase details.
Please send a copy of proof of purchase with the following details:
  • Purchase invoice.
  • PayPal details if applicable.
  • Credit card authorization, if applicable.
As the importer of goods you have legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. Failure to provide accurate information may result in seizure of the goods and/or criminal prosecution.

Imported goods are subject to the following:
  • Postal handling fee.
  • Import duties.
  • Customs duties.
  • Excise duties.
  • Value-added Tax (VAT).
If a reply to this letter is not made within 14 days the item will be returned to the sender.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2012 07:00AM by gnexus.
Re: The Mele A2000 is here! The Mele A2000 unboxing thread.
July 04, 2012 11:21AM
I got an email today:
Revenue Commissioner
Thank you for your eMail. Customs Charges are due on your package. The charges and the expected delivery date are set out below.

Value of Goods - € 71.53

Customs Duty - € 0.00
VAT @ 23% - € 16.45
Postal Fees - € 6.00
Total for Collection - €22.45

Expected Delivery Date - Friday, 6 July 2012

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2012 04:35AM by gnexus.
Re: The Mele A2000 is here! Mele A2000 unboxing thread.
July 06, 2012 04:35AM
I got a parcel today from Tom Cubie!

Edit:

BTW Tom Cubie is hipboi.

hipboi has done much to help us get GNU/Linux going on the A10 devices. He has helped a lot with kernel development. He has also been kind enough to help out many people on IRC.

His Aliexpress shop, in my opinion, is the best place to get a Mele. The Mele was shipped very quickly. It only took a short time to get here considering all the customs delays that were involved.

Please support Tom Cubie's shop. hipboi was kind enough to post a link below this post, thereby saving me the trouble.

By doing so you will be supporting sunxi GNU/Linux development.

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2012 05:41AM by gnexus.
July 06, 2012 08:19AM
This thing is very small! If you put a notebook 2.5" drive in the Mele the drive almost overwhelms the Mele itself! Compared to a Dockstar the device is much heaver, but not very much larger. Compared to a GoFlex Net it is basically the same weight, maybe slightly heavier, and almost the same size as the GoFlex Net.

I just took a lot of pictures of it side by side with the Dockstar, the Dockstar retail box, the GoFlex Net retail box, my Nokia N800 tablet, and my 7" A10 tablet for comparison. Here is the Mele A2000 full review. Currently it is a work in progress. . .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2012 05:44AM by gnexus.
Hi, i am new to here, i am Tom Cubie, and i am an embedded system engineer, i contribute code to A10 u-boot and kernel development.

i sell A1000/A2000 on aliexpress, A1000 70$, A2000 75$.

This is my shop http://goo.gl/YZzad

welcome to my shop.
ole
power supply
July 09, 2012 02:49PM
Hi,
do you use the power supply that came with the A2000? According your snapshots it doesn't seem to fit European nor UK mains socket. So how do you power the box up?
July 09, 2012 04:20PM
hipboi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi, i am new to here, i am Tom Cubie, and i am an
> embedded system engineer, i contribute code to A10
> u-boot and kernel development.
>
> i sell A1000/A2000 on aliexpress, A1000 70$, A2000
> 75$.
>
> This is my shop http://goo.gl/YZzad
>
> welcome to my shop.

I purchased a Mele A2000 from Tom on aliexpress. You can trust him. My only word of warning is orders may take a while to arrive. Tom processes orders only on weekends and customs can slow things down too.
July 10, 2012 06:09AM

do you use the power supply that came with the A2000? According your snapshots it doesn't seem to fit European nor UK mains socket. So how do you power the box up?

From Mele specs:

Power adapter included: 100-240VAC 0.6A with unpolarized NEMA 1-15 plug

The included power adapter will accept 115V or 240V AC. So all you need is a straight-thru adapter.

Ever seen a £1 shaver adapter?

I would have a difficult time believing you have never seen one of those.
July 11, 2012 03:24PM
This thing is awesome! Just fscking awesome!

The more you use it the more things you find it can do.
July 14, 2012 11:50PM
gnexus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This thing is awesome! Just fscking
> awesome!
>
> The more you use it the more things you find it
> can do.

Bah... then I may have to buy one :-) I was hoping I was gonna be able to be cheap and just grab a mk802, they're down to $60 on ebay now.
July 15, 2012 06:37AM
Got the mele from Hong Kong (far far better postage than china) based ebay store ... cost £50 incl postage .. posted via express airmail was in the uk within 5 days ! .... excellent :-)
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.