Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

touch screen on an A10 Tablet

Posted by davidcanar 
davidcanar
touch screen on an A10 Tablet
July 15, 2012 06:50PM
Hi gnexus. I would like to ask you for a big favor. I would like to get my touch screen working on my tablet. I saw in Android that it is using the following modules:

ssd253x-ts_86F.ko
ft5x_ts.ko

The image you built does have the ft5x_ts.ko module but not the other one. I tried to setup the environment to compile my own kernel so I could compile that module but all that is beyond my knowledge.

So I would like to ask you next time you are compiling the kernel could you include that module? I would really appreciate your help with that.

Thank you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2012 05:44AM by gnexus.
Re: touch screen on an A10 Tablet
July 16, 2012 06:00AM
Hi david,
I moved this topic to a separate thread. I don't want the other thread to get OT.

My tablet also uses the same ft5x_ts.ko module. The LCD on it also does not work.
But the ft5x_ts.ko module is for input, not display. That is the case for all the *_ts.ko modules. Those are the input modules, not the display modules. The LCD and backlight modules are the ones that affect whether the display works.

I too, would like the LCD on my tablet to work. But, unfortunately, for myself and most other people working with the A10 kernel there are currently higher priorities. The goal for me right now is to get a decent kernel configuration and kernel release package that works and offers the most benefit to the most people. That means having a HDMI output that works. Currently the A10 display drivers are still tricky to deal with. I don't want to do anything that would compromise that or sideline my goal of getting a better kernel released, like worrying about the LCD.

I will try to get to the LCD at some point, however. That is also one of my goals. But for now it has to wait.

In the meantime check the Android A10 forums. I remember seeing a guy on one of those forums that has a compiled kernel with a working LCD and touchscreen. I will link to it later. Right now I need to keep working on this kernel release.

Thanks for your patience.
davidcanar
July 16, 2012 10:03AM
I too, would like the LCD on my tablet to work. But, unfortunately, for myself and most other people working with the A10 kernel there are currently higher priorities.

I understand. The LCD is working already for me just modifying the evb.bin file. The problem is the touchcreen.

Currently the A10 display drivers are still tricky to deal with. I don't want to do anything that would compromise that or sideline my goal of getting a better kernel released, like worrying about the LCD.

That's fine. I thought that adding the touchscreen modules to the kernel was a matter of just adding them to the configuration file. But if it is too complicated we will wait!

In the meantime check the Android A10 forums. I remember seeing a guy on one of those forums that has a compiled kernel with a working LCD and touchscreen. I will link to it later. Right now I need to keep working on this kernel release.

I'll look for that. If you find it first please let me know!

Thank you again for all your work!
July 16, 2012 10:53AM
That is nice if the LCD works. I guess I need to look at the script.bin on my tablet ;) Thanks for that info.

It is the LCD drivers that I can't change yet. But the touchscreen module is already enabled in the upcoming kernel image.
Hopefully that might get yours going.

Edit: Hope nobody needs the COASIA touchscreen driver. That one fails to build.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2012 12:47PM by gnexus.
davidcanar
July 16, 2012 03:13PM
Awesome I'll be waiting to test the upcoming kernel to see the results. The LCD worked for me changing these lines in the evb.bin:

screen0_output_type = 3
screen0_output_mode = 4
screen1_output_type = 1
screen1_output_mode = 4

To:
screen0_output_type = 1
screen0_output_mode = 0
screen1_output_type = 3
screen1_output_mode = 4

output type 1 I read somewhere was LCD and output mode 0 was 480p I believe. (My LCD is 800x480 or something like that)

Thank you!
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.