Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Working HDMI video with the sun4i_defconfig

Posted by gnexus 
Working HDMI video with the sun4i_defconfig
July 19, 2012 03:05PM
HDMI video output was not working with the kernel sun4i_defconfig I just used to compile and test. It was also not working for me in an earlier defconfig. That is likely a major problem for people. So it would be good to have a defconfig with working video output. Therefore I have compiled another kernel using the defconfig with the only change being built-in video drivers.
Hopefully that works for me this time. If it does I'll post the working HDMI config, and a patch to the defconfig, in this thread.
Re: Working HDMI video with the sun4i_defconfig
July 19, 2012 04:29PM
Yes! That is all that is needed. Just make sure the following modules to be built-in instead of compiled as modules:
  • DISP Driver Support(sun4i)
  • LCD Driver Support(sun4i)
  • HDMI Driver Support(sun4i)
That should solve any display issues for anyone experiencing them.
If you don't want to configure the kernel yourself, or just want to save time, you can use this patch to enable the hdmi. If you want, the full hdmi defconfig is here. If the patch fails because the sun4i_defconfig has changed, the sun4i_defconfig used for the patch is here. Hope that helps everyone get their display working.
Re: Working HDMI video with the sun4i_defconfig
July 20, 2012 03:36PM
Here is more explanation about the above problem:
Issue #57 lcd and hdmi as modules may lead to a blank screen
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.