nsa320 drive size

Posted by rray 
nsa320 drive size
July 08, 2020 11:27AM
what is the maximum size drive that a nsa320 will accept
Re: nsa320 drive size
July 08, 2020 04:19PM
rray,

As large as you want as a non-boot drive. But to use HDD that is larger than 2 TB as the boot drive, you need to install the new u-boot (as I mentioned on the other thread). The stock/old u-boot will likely accept only up to 2TB.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
July 08, 2020 06:26PM
that's on my to do list
thanks
July 09, 2020 09:31AM
I know @bohdi isn't a fan of them but I have had some really good luck with hybrid MBR/GPT partition tables to allow older devices that boot from disk to use large drives without replacing u-boot.

I've actually recently been testing some old orion5x devices from ~2007 with 4TB drives with surprisingly good results.

I'm still working on the documentation but this includes the gdisk output used to convert an MBR to hybrid MBR/GPT that works with ancient versions of uboot as well as a link to a really good article that explains how hybrid partition tables work:

https://github.com/1000001101000/Debian_on_Buffalo/wiki/Alternate-install-method-via-debootstrap-script#Post_install_steps
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.