Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cricket Wireless Samsung Galaxy A01 16GB

Posted by habibie 
Cricket Wireless Samsung Galaxy A01 16GB
June 10, 2021 06:50AM
I was lurking around for some inexpensive pre-paid Android smartphones and stumbled upon this Cricket Wireless Samsung Galaxy A01 16GB from Walmart. The specs indicate it's an octa-core system with 2GB RAM. For a US $30 (with a free local pick up), I thought it may not be a bad idea to grab one and then flash it with LineageOS, but the device doesn't seem to be listed on its website. Anyone?
Re: Cricket Wireless Samsung Galaxy A01 16GB
June 12, 2021 12:25PM
habibie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was lurking around for some inexpensive pre-paid
> Android smartphones and stumbled upon this
> Cricket
> Wireless Samsung Galaxy A01 16GB
from
> Walmart. The
> specs
> indicate it's an octa-core system with 2GB RAM.
> For a US $30 (with a free local pick up), I
> thought it may not be a bad idea to grab one and
> then flash it with
> LineageOS, but
> the device doesn't seem to be listed on its
> website. Anyone?

If it does another OS that's made to be a good phone I'm on board. Is it unlocked?

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
June 13, 2021 06:23AM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
> If it does another OS that's made to be a good phone I'm on board. Is it unlocked?
>
I don't think it is unlocked (rooted). Anyway, the offer is off now and the price is now listed as US $73. :(
June 14, 2021 07:08AM
habibie Wrote:
> I don't think it is unlocked (rooted). Anyway, the offer is off now and the price is now listed as US $73. :(
>
Now, the price is back to US $30. WTF.
June 15, 2021 08:09PM
habibie Wrote:
> habibie Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > I don't think it is unlocked (rooted). Anyway,
> the offer is off now and the price is now listed
> as US $73. :(
> >
> Now, the price is back to US $30. WTF.

I don't know. If it's unlocked I'll tear into it now. I don't see nor understand the details yet. Could be a real cool offline unit anyway, my last one with exercise videos is the one you recommended several years ago Habibie :-). Which I should be doing more of.

But if this is good we gotta pounce!

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
June 15, 2021 08:16PM
Well I'm not expecting to see it's unlockable anytime soon, but if there's a good reason or a good flash of something.

That would be cool if there' ever a project here where we find some kind of Groupon/Adorama blitz with big screened tablets.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
June 16, 2021 10:13PM
What about Motorollas with the projector? But then again I've been on the outside looking in the whole time, so really I don't know what I'm talking about. But a girl who formerly worked at Best Buy (she was happier working at a dollar store) said Motorollas were her favorite to flash and otherwise root.
Habibie here's the kicker, that was the same day 10 minutes after I bought that phone you recommended! She pulled the SIM we didn't have service from Boost Mobile (the reason the phone was under $10) anyway.

But, like the Italian Mafia used to say: a cellphone is a Policemen In Your Pocket, not that I'm concerned US agencies have the ability to bot through all my stuff quick, rather it's the garden variety sleaze I don't want having my pictures or addresses etc. Android to me seems like The Town Crier in Your Pocket LOL. But it would be nice to have a stripped down basic security phone without caring about Google Store or have one someone else with Root, which is so dumb.

But even an entertainment Moto with projector could be more fun when you know you've got Root.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2021 12:29AM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
June 16, 2021 10:29PM

Android to me seems like The Town Crier in Your Pocket LOL.

2 AM and all is well!!!! :))

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
June 17, 2021 06:47AM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
> Habibie here's the kicker, that was the same day 10 minutes after I bought that phone you recommended! She pulled the SIM we didn't have service from Boost Mobile (the reason the phone was under $10) anyway.
>
If you mean the Motorola Moto E (2015) (MOTXT1528BFPP), I still have it. As a matter of fact, I haven't used it at all.
June 17, 2021 11:44PM
bodhi Wrote:
>

Android to me seems like The Town Crier in
> Your Pocket LOL.
>
> 2 AM and all is well!!!! :))

There's probably a lot of people from the dialup days whose sleep patterns never came back; so for me the crack of daylight is a great time to sleep while its cool out, depending on situation.

> Habibie
That would be great to make movies with Vegas and OpenShot and play them for anyone any time.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
June 18, 2021 06:35AM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
> > Habibie
> That would be great to make movies with Vegas and OpenShot and play them for anyone any time.
>
IIRC, the MOTXT1528BFPP only has 1 GB RAM and will be pretty tough.
July 02, 2021 08:13AM
The price of this item just came down to US $15. If you wanna get a lesser expensive one, try this Cricket Wireless LG Risio 4 16GB, Blue - Prepaid Smartphone US $13. For both, you will have to place your order online and have it shipped to you.
July 09, 2021 06:36AM
habibie Wrote:
> The price of this item just came down to US $15. If you wanna get a lesser expensive one, try this Cricket Wireless LG Risio 4 16GB, Blue - Prepaid Smartphone US $13. For both, you will have to place your order online and have it shipped to you.
>
Darn, this Cricket Wireless Samsung A11 32GB US $25 is out of stock.
July 11, 2021 12:15PM
habibie Wrote:
> habibie Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > The price of this
> item
> just came down to US $15. If you wanna get a
> lesser expensive one, try this
> Cricket
> Wireless LG Risio 4 16GB, Blue - Prepaid
> Smartphone
US $13. For both, you will have
> to place your order online and have it shipped to
> you.
> >
> Darn, this
> Cricket
> Wireless Samsung A11 32GB
US $25 is out of
> stock.

Bummer; those looked like decent deals. Snoozed I losed!

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.