Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

'Last call' for orders from East to West?

Posted by JoeyPogoPlugE02 
'Last call' for orders from East to West?
August 05, 2022 11:07AM
On my fantasy bucket list I've always wanted to live to see the end of the world, so you can see what a silver lining this rapidly escalating east-west situation is for one JoeyPogoPlugE02 LOL.

Government tensions aside, we (I) wouldn't expect Apple to stop Chinese manufacturing although anything's possible in the current mess. Even so I'm not an apple guy, though M1... oh M1... back on topic...

I'm thinking more like a final order at least for a while, a nicer many-core TV box, maybe something Armbian loves. I don't have the means to order form Ali Express but eBay/China has stuff.

My surviving Pogoplugs including two gift ones will be running again but I'd hate to miss out on 2-watt desktop worthy computers when we/I had the head's-up but didn't realize the goods are unavailable.

Calling cyber bloodhounds for anything interesting! Adorama also served us well in the past :-)

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Re: 'Last call' for orders from East to West?
August 06, 2022 07:55AM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm thinking more like a final order at least for a while, a nicer many-core TV box, maybe something Armbian loves.
>
If your budget allows, look for a TV Box with S922 CPU, at least 4GB RAM, a Gbps RJ45 port, and minimal a USB3 port.

> I don't have the means to order form Ali Express but eBay/China has stuff.
>
My last order from AliExpress (dated back about 6 months ago) ended up with a dispute. I ordered a TV Box with an 8-core CPU, 16 GB RAM + 256 GB eMMC. The seller shipped to me a TV Box with 4-core CPU, 1 GB RAM, 16 GB eMMC. To get a full refund, all I had to do is to show AliExpress the uboot config file where it clearly shows how the seller manipulate it to show a fake size of CPU core, RAM and/or eMMC storage. But, first AliExpress claimed the TV Box is still usable. Then, I countered claimed that the item I received is not as advertised and AliExpress cave in to give a full refund.

All I want to say in the above is to be very careful in placing an order from AliExpress. With eBay, I feel a consumer gets a better protection on the item s/he ordered and received. eBay never told me if the product is still usable even though it is out of specs.
Re: 'Last call' for orders from East to West?
August 29, 2022 12:50PM
Well even with Amazon Prime, my order for two HDD power control switches never arrived in 2 full months.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.