Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

? Alpine linux with Bodhi kernel ?

Posted by Gravelrash 
? Alpine linux with Bodhi kernel ?
April 12, 2023 05:37PM
Ive noticed snippets here and there on this site and the inter-tubes about using Alpine Linux with Mr_Bodhi kernel.
Does anyone have a howto or a guide on how to do this? id be interested in tinkering around with it. i dont see an armeabi root file system advertised on the alpinelinux site.... or maybe its me being in-observant.

Thanks all :-)

============================
Breaking stuff since 1994 :-)
Re: ? Alpine linux with Bodhi kernel ?
April 12, 2023 05:42PM
if anyone is wondering what i mean by the above

where can i download the armeabi root filesystem - i see an armhf

how do i parse bodhi kernel to it to get it to boot... been years since i played around doing stuff like this.. and im a sucker for something that is low power consumption, abandoned by the vendor and considered underpowered by todays standards. + i also like the challenge and the woohoo it works.

:))

Breaking stuff since 1994 :-)
Re: ? Alpine linux with Bodhi kernel ?
April 12, 2023 05:50PM
Gravelrash,

It's in the Wiki

https://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,23630

Booting Other Linux Distros on Pogoplug

How to boot recent Arch Linux ARM rootfs with bodhi's released u-boot (with separate DTB)
How to boot older Arch Linux ARM rootfs with bodhi's released u-boot (with embedded DTB)
How to boot Void Linux with bodhi's released u-boot
How to boot Alpine Linux with bodhi's released u-boot and kernel

It's must be an armel rootfs (Kirkwood is armel). So find that and you can run my Kirkwood kernel the same way.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.