Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Overclocking Kirkwood devices

Posted by dbstrand24 
Overclocking Kirkwood devices
October 21, 2013 01:17PM
Hey guys thought this might be relevent for a few people who have lower end kirkwoods e.g. Pogoplug v4 (unsure ov v2 and v3 as i dont have them) :)
to change clock speed there are several 0Ω resisters(they are not actual resisters but rather jumpers) NOT soldered to the board that set the cpu multiplier Now im unsure as to exactly where all of them are BUT i have a few hints ive found over at archlinux forums... I wont post a link here BUT if you want i can post the information from original source refered to on archlinux forums (a german blog, needs translating) also i plan on testing several resisters NOT soldered to my GFH (wish me luck) its well equipped for a good oc :P i have fixed a permanant laptop heatsync to it which is likely overkill but none the less look mean as hell :P

*Devices*
Goflex Home- Transmission, vnc server(for kicks), Pogoplug services, Motion/home security DVR, 1.5TBNAS currently sshfs acess ONLY(archlinux)

PogoPlugMobileV4-Webmin, Transmission, Pogoplug services, Samba Server, cool red led+ green hearbeat,USBip(server for remote acess to usb devices) (archlinux)

*I Love ARM*
Attachments:
open | download - 2013-07-12.jpg (38.3 KB)
pepe2k
Re: Overclocking Kirkwood devices
October 25, 2013 03:43AM
I wrote an article about changing clocks in ZyXEL NSA310, which is also Kirkwood based device.

You can find it here (it's in Polish, but you can use translator or just look at the 3-step image instruction with English descriptions, at the bottom of the article): http://www.tech-blog.pl/2013/10/24/zyxel-nsa310-overclocking-i-underclocking/
October 28, 2013 05:01PM
Awesome :P hey i need help finding the jumpers on my board :P wanna collab on this :P
pepe2k
October 30, 2013 09:47AM
dbstrand24 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Awesome :P hey i need help finding the jumpers on
> my board :P wanna collab on this :P

If your device uses NAND flash it won't be difficult to find them :)
If you want, to can contact with me directly: http://www.tech-blog.pl/kontakt/
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.