Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Suggestion - Stickies for Common Operations - Searches

Posted by LeggoMyEggo 
A Suggestion - Stickies for Common Operations - Searches
February 27, 2015 08:01PM
The more time I spend on this site, and mind you it's a godsend, the more I realize there is so much information around here (some threads are 23 pages long!) that it would be nice if there were a few sticky posts that gave the following succinct information with linked references to the longer more comprehensive posts:

1) Instructions to load the latest Kirkwood Debian rootfs (only) and that sticky has instructions on how to take your device from stock to loading Arch Linux to installing Debian from this site. It the u-boot should be modified in the middle then reference the sticky post for that (below)

2) Instructions to load the latest Oxnas Debian rootfs (only) and that sticky has instructions on how to take your device from stock to loading Arch Linux to installing Debian from this site. It the u-boot should be modified in the middle then reference the sticky post for that (below)

3) Instructions to load the latest u-boot for Kirkwood (linked to the latest Kirkwood rootfs instructions) also referencing the longer comprehensive posts.

4) Instructions to load the latest u-boot for Oxnas (linked to the latest Oxnas rootfs instructions) also referencing the longer comprehensive posts.

5) A sample set of various boot envs (from simple to complex) for various capabilities (Kirkwood and Oxnas separate of course).

Again, it's only a suggestion. I'll try to come up with some further ideas myself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2015 08:01PM by LeggoMyEggo.
Re: A Suggestion - Stickies for Common Operations - Searches
February 28, 2015 10:30AM
Theres nothing stopping anyone creating a subwiki on wikipaedia with this info..... just a thought
February 28, 2015 02:41PM
Gravelrash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Theres nothing stopping anyone creating a subwiki
> on wikipaedia with this info..... just a thought

Jeff had a wiki. But not successful due to not enough volunteers. Perhaps we can resurect it.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
February 28, 2015 04:54PM
That would be great if it could be
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.