Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is SATA connector just a USB with that funny end down? Answer: No

Posted by JoeyPogoPlugE02 
Is SATA connector just a USB with that funny end down? Answer: No
March 17, 2015 04:03PM
The adapter I got lately (SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter), it adapts a desktop and notebook IDE and a SATA port, to a USB plug. Works in the Pogoplug. This is super handy, that I can make an image on USB stuck, copy to the spare hard drive and if the hard drive gets whacked, the USB is still there to start again. Re-image in less time than a cigarette break used to be.

So I get mad that all these years it's probably been the same connections anyway, just different plugs at the end. And I look at a SATA port and realize it's suspiciously close to a USB stick anyway. Is it possible if that downturned end was removed - a SATA hard drive would plug right onto a pogoplug USB port? If I don't hear anything from anyone I might try it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2015 06:20PM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
Re: Is SATA connector just a USB with that funny end down?
March 17, 2015 04:25PM
Count the pins and gauge the spacing of them and you'll see it can't physically work.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.