Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

That's it, we need better displays

Posted by JoeyPogoPlugE02 
That's it, we need better displays
November 12, 2015 10:31PM
I had an idea, you can patent it if you feel like being richer than me, it's about LCD monitors.

Why have one layer of LCD crystals? Why not two or three? More than once this past week I was reminded of car paintjobs and old paintings where they used thin layers to obtain a depth not possible otherwise. I know that too because one summer eons ago I worked as an auto body apprentice. Spray one layer this, one layer that, three layers clearcoat, one layer this. Etc.

One alpha channel doesn't compare to it. Sure, these layered paintings are dependent on front lighting which is the reverse of a monitor or display, but wouldn't that be the next step up?

I mean if Apple's Retina is just more pixels together, than why not take two screens, sandwich them together and have side lighting independent for each?

Years ago there was a DIY project that involved taking a laptop screen, peeling the foil off the back, and shine a 400-watt light through it and a lens to make a wall projector. So it's possible to do that.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2015 10:32PM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.