Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Speed test: ordered two connectors, one from Hong Kong, another from China

Posted by JoeyPogoPlugE02 
Speed test: ordered two connectors, one from Hong Kong, another from China
March 26, 2016 01:03AM
As a public service to anyone in the US, who wonders if there's a speed difference ordering from China or Hong Kong, I ordered one of these from each of them.

Its as they say "non-scientific", but somewhere between Wed. Apr. 13 and Tue. May. 17, we'll see which one had "luck" on its side.

Any predictions? My previous orders have been too close to hypothesize an outcome, seriously.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2016 12:55PM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
Re: Speed test: ordered two connectors, one from Hong Kong, another from China
April 07, 2016 01:05PM
China...

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
April 07, 2016 03:12PM
When you make such a comparison, did you compare with the same shipping carrier, i.e. DHL, FeDeX, etc.?
April 07, 2016 03:27PM
Nope. Nothing was taken into consideration other than they both had to take PayPal and one had to arrive sooner. This leaves a stupendous amount of variables unknown such as regional holidays, weather consideration, blown tire on the child laborer's bicycle, typhoon, sea monsters.

I had three orders arrive today, that being one of them. But another, I had high hopes and it's DOA. Three bad orders in about a week. :-(

-update- just so you know, after telling you the last order was bad - the seller refunded me without returning the bad part, so I carefully cracked it apart and find it's an intermittent, but it's also finicky about power supply on the 5V part of it. So I'll have to check solder connections in the sunlight ASAP and very carefully epoxy it shut. So I have confidence it's a part that usually works.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2016 11:28PM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.