Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to tell if Android's audio goes 24-bit 96/192KHz?

Posted by JoeyPogoPlugE02 
How to tell if Android's audio goes 24-bit 96/192KHz?
May 10, 2016 10:51PM
CD-quality (16-bit 44.1 KHz) audio is one of the greatest magic tricks of the 20th century. How lush analog sound was whittled down to that spec, and some say for years it was a scalable 12-bit even. And for that matter, when studios took their master tapes for one last hurrah conversion to 24-96, the AD converters 30 years ago were primitive compared to the awesome stuff out the past few years.

And having said that even you can get extremely high resolution album masters and use modern dithering (POW-R and even that's older but the algos are fantastic) to make your own 16-bit 44.1k or something else.

But on my tablet, I don't know if whatever is onboard is capable of higher bitrates, and even if it were to play something it doesn't mean it's not truncating everything in sight.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding Europe mandates higher quality audio in the manner that HD capability in the States is preferred and by law.

So how would we go about inventorying what's in an Android device? Over on Windows we have Speccy and other apps that should show what the hardware ought to be capable of, but I've no idea for Android.

Still, if my Android(s) go higher, I'll get the limit which are 32 GB SDHC Memory Cards and listen to much better quality, hopefully. Still, even CD quality is better than my previous MP3 players so it's win-win :-)

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2016 01:27PM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.