Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Asus RT-N56U under $20

Posted by habibie 
Asus RT-N56U under $20
May 31, 2016 03:20PM
If you are in a market for an inexpensive WiFi router, perhaps this ASUS RT-N56U Wireless Router Dual Band N600 Multimedia Ultra Slim Gigabit 802.11a/b/g/n support USB Storage, Print and Media Server may not be a bad choice. NewEgg currently has it on sale for $78.99 - $39 off using coupon code "EMCEJHF79" (Exp 5/31) - $20 rebate (Exp 5/31) = $19.99 with free shipping. This router has received 4/5 eggs based on 815 Newegg customer reviews.
Re: Asus RT-N56U under $20
May 31, 2016 07:33PM
2 x 10FT high quality HDMI v1.4 cables for one dollar including shipping in the States if anyone's interested.

Yeah, right after I spent my last $4 on four HDMI to DVI adapters from Hong Kong, another company rebated me $2, and suffice to say I've got 10FT HDMI cables to compliment the purchase.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2016 07:37PM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
May 31, 2016 11:04PM
@Joey: Nice. In for 1 order (2x). BTW, if you come across any inexpensive HDMI2Avi and/or HDMI2Vid converter, please let me know. Thank you.
June 01, 2016 12:34AM
Yeah I will. One stickler, when you say HDMI2Vid converter do you mean "HDMI 2.0 vid" or "HDMI to vid"? You know how it's easy to mess up an order lol
I too see the value of making screen movies of command line or BIOS entries etc - looks so much better than people who try to take a movie of their shiny, sun-beaten monitor. With a keyboard recorded improperly that goes crunch, crunch crunch. And is less distracting. All I have on hand is an S-Video recorder that goes into USB 2.0 and that's strictly Windows me thinks. Was cheap at Women's Center thrift store (50 cents) but a nightmare to get working.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2016 12:48AM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
June 01, 2016 06:03AM
@Joey: It should be an HDMI to Audio/Video converter.

BTW, I found this HDMI2Av (1080p version) and this HDMI2VGA, but if you come across to some of these items for much less with FREE shipping, then I am in for a grab (like the HDMI cable you posted above).
June 01, 2016 10:13PM
At least of of the ones you mentioned has mini HDMI input. I've seen those at Goodwill, an HDMI plug and three colored RCA jacks coming off of it. I've no idea how they rig that. I thought HDMI is strictly digital and RCA plugs meant analog.

What I'm doing now is long-term prepping two unused Dell Genesis monitors for possible OrangePis this summer or Fall, and all I lack is one additional adapter from HDMI to mini HDMI, $1 apiece last I checked. Nice monitors but Goodwill's prices have skyrocketed since then.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
June 04, 2016 03:02PM
I just received both my shipments for the Asus RT-N56U router and the 2x HDMI cables. The router is a v1 which is supported by OpenWRT. But, I prefer the v2 which has 2x the storage and a newer/faster CPU.
June 04, 2016 06:04PM
Before I spied that 2 x 10' deal I'd already ordered a 1 x 10' deal. Got that in today. Perfect quality but strange how they were able to do that...
2 x 10' should be in Monday.

OpenWRT however, while I love what the GUI shows in Pogoplug, I don't think I was able to get it to do any tricks. Can you have torrents running from your router? I'd imagine yours is setup already :-D

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
June 04, 2016 10:23PM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OpenWRT however, while I love what the GUI
> shows in Pogoplug, I don't think I was able to get
> it to do any tricks. Can you have torrents running
> from your router? I'd imagine yours is setup
> already :-D

I don't mind downloading pirated stuffs over the Internet, but not to upload / sharing information over the Internet, particularly if the information is copyrighted (just don't wanna some MiB knocking @ my doors). So, installing and/or running torrents must be avoided.
June 04, 2016 11:04PM
There's a world of stuff that isn't pirated though: Linux distributions, Libre Office.; lots and lots of legal stuff.

--edited- yes I removed a story that happened three decades ago. Yes I have zero regrets in my partying years. But it's not relevant, maybe funny though :-D

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2016 04:57PM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
June 06, 2016 07:20AM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There's a world of stuff that isn't pirated
> though: Linux distributions, Libre Office.; lots
> and lots of legal stuff.
>

I am not sure I will do torrents to get any Linux distro while I can download any of them directly from the organizations and/or companies who offer them.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.