Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Raspberry Pi 3 Model B vs Android IPTV Box S905

Posted by habibie 
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B vs Android IPTV Box S905
July 01, 2016 08:25AM
I was lurking around and spotted this Raspberry Pi 3 Model B from Amazon for US $36.59. It got me to start thinking why would I wanna spend US$35+ for such a system while this HD 4K MXQ Pro S905 US $18.99 and/or this HD 4K MXQ Pro S905 US $22.99 can be hacked to run ARMbian Linux OS. Your thoughts?
Re: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B vs Android IPTV Box S905
July 01, 2016 12:02PM
Wow, my thoughts aren't how to swing one, but three. Leave one with Android for a TV box and Debianize two.
If this isn't too good to be true, around $20 is a nice price point!

It says no Bluetooth but you could add one if Debian is installed, right?

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
July 01, 2016 01:25PM
@Joey - I like your idea.
July 01, 2016 02:39PM
I have enough for one but sort of need a haircut too. But that's got my attention on the front burner. There's two extra *Goodwill* monitors that are probably the exact HDMI resolution and in need of something to send it the goods.

Call me superstitious, but if I get the means to buy three before my hair looks too early Beatles, I'll pull the trigger. Can always use gel for the hair, but can't just gel me a TV box :-D

Honestly though, 64-bit processor? Well if it's meant to be it's meant to be. Thank you much for sharing Habibie.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.