Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

good deal?

Posted by feas 
good deal?
January 07, 2017 02:20PM
So My local library stinks as far as carrying anything dealing with tech. So, finally being fed up, I decided to shop around for RPI's and or Arduino's and found this.

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13707#reviews

While I don't think I am going to buy anything but a few Arduino's with some accessories for playing with, I am on the fence if the above board seems like a good deal at the price range.

Any thoughts of if it is a grab it while I can or is there a better alternative at this price range?
Re: good deal?
January 07, 2017 06:47PM
I too don't know, but on the surface it looks fantastic. They don't mention what SATA revision 1-3 and that would make a big difference. If you have the money for it just buy it before the sale is over. I'd suspect the price will go down eventually but having the hands-on unit now is more important. If you live in an area that' winter right now. Buy it :-) You should get it right around the week scientists say is the most depressing week of the year. And that ought to cheer you up. You've sold me on it, now buy it LOL

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Re: good deal?
January 09, 2017 12:32AM
That's normally the price for the pcDuino3 Nano which is a smaller form factor board from the same manufacturer that doesn't have the on board WiFi. The pcDuino3B usually can be found for around $60 while the pcDuino3 Nano usually is around $40. Both boards are supported by armbian.

Ray
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.