Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Obihai OBi200 VoIP Telephone Adapter with Google Voice & SIP $33

Posted by habibie 
Obihai OBi200 VoIP Telephone Adapter with Google Voice & SIP $33
December 15, 2017 07:14AM
I did not see any mentions of VoIP here. So, let me start it with this Obihai OBi200 VoIP Telephone Adapter with Google Voice & SIP $49.99 - $17 (promo code: EMCBCBF36) + Free S/H = $32.99 from NewEGG. With any POTs and/or cordless phone, this device allows you to have a regular home phone through Google Voice (GV). In other words, if you already have a GMail account, you can get a free GV with a US phone number and use this OBi200 device to place and/or receive FREE calls with $0 monthly bill. I have been using GV way back in 2006 when it was still GrandCentral and never pay for it, except my Internet feed.

For a rather personal (1 person usage), grab any inexpensive Android Phone (BestBuy is known to sell this under $10 every-now-and-then) and install Google Hangout to place/receive free phone calls by means of GV.

If you are a VoIP savvy like me, you probably won't need to shell out such a budget to buy an OBi200 device just to be able to place and/or receive free Google Voice calls/services, but do get some Pogoplug (configured as a digital PBX) + a $10 ATA device customized to Vonage sold @Walmart (as the extension to the PBX). For the later, please refer to this New Grandstream ATA used by Vonage on how to hack it.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.