Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Khadas Vim Open Source Development Board S905X under $50

Posted by habibie 
Khadas Vim Open Source Development Board S905X under $50
January 06, 2018 07:25AM
Currelty, GeekBuying is selling this Khadas Vim Open Source Development Board S905X 2GB/8GB WIFI Ubuntu / Android / OpenELEC / Buildroot US $49.99 + Free S/H (33% off). TBH, I really don't know if it is a good deal or not, However, if you need one, I strong suggest you grab it ASAP before the deal expires soon. I was hoping it is an octa-core system with a SATA port.
Re: Khadas Vim Open Source Development Board S905X under $50
January 07, 2018 02:21AM
The VIM is a Quad Core A53 ARM, the VIM2 a more expensive model is Octa Core. The VIM is only Fast Ethernet while the VIM2 has Gigabit Ethernet. One model of the VIM2 also has dual-band wireless. Both are supplied with a high quality USB Type-C power cables, but can alternatively be powered via a 2 pin JST connector. A heat sink should really be added to either unit, preferably with a fan.

Ray
January 07, 2018 07:15AM
Ray, thank you.
January 07, 2018 07:52AM
Ray,

I just checked eBay for a Khadas Vim2 and like you said, it is much better and more expensive. I also looked @AliExpress and its price is higher than from eBay.
January 09, 2018 12:30AM
If you want to purchase either the VIM or VIM2 I suggest you use GearBest which is the official outlet for these units as the Buy link on https://www.khadas.com/vim links to GearBest. This is where I purchased my VIM in Dec 2016 and my VIM2 in Oct 2017.

Ray
January 09, 2018 07:08AM
Ray,

Thank you.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.