Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone ever got source code from Shuttle?

Posted by ingmar_k 
Anyone ever got source code from Shuttle?
February 03, 2018 03:51AM
Hi all,

I recently accquired a Shuttle KS10 NAS, which is a quite interesting 1-Bay NAS with Armada 370 SOC and WIFI.
Nice for setting up a small backup network share with its own WIFI AP.

Anyway...
Looked at the sofware and it still uses kernel 3.2.xx, which I don't really intend to use.
So, I wrote to Shuttle support TWICE, inquiring to get the source code, for the obviously Linux-based system and U-Boot.

So far, no answer AT ALL!!!

Did anyone of you ever get and answer and source code of any kind for any of the Shuttle NAS products (KD20, KD22, ...)?

Thank you!
Regards,
Ingmar
Re: Anyone ever got source code from Shuttle?
February 09, 2018 12:31PM
About another week later and still no reaction from Shuttle. Not even any answer at all.
If it stays that way, I already told them, that it would be time for an entry at http://gpl-violations.org/ .

I do not understand it, that in todays world, companies still think that they can just use open source, without working according to the rules. It's really sad.
Re: Anyone ever got source code from Shuttle?
February 21, 2018 01:22AM
Still no answer(s) from Shuttle. Informed the team at gpl-violations.org, like I said.
Let's see if they can help, as I see this kind of behavior as inacceptable. Using open source software as you please, without providing anything, that the license terms clearly state, is NOT the way to go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2018 01:22AM by ingmar_k.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.