Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Walmart: Gateway Ultra Slim Notebook under US $80 (11.6") and US $100 (14.1")

Posted by habibie 
Walmart: Gateway Ultra Slim Notebook under US $80 (11.6") and US $100 (14.1")
October 15, 2022 06:25AM
Currently Walmart is offering this Gateway 11.6" Ultra Slim Notebook ($79) and this Gateway 14.1" Ultra Slim Notebook ($99.00). They both are using a 1.1 GHz dual core intel chipset with 4GB RAM. It's not fast, but they both sure consume a lot less power. Perhaps anyone out here can take advantage of these offers. Any taker before they are out of stock?

Perhaps, I can see myself getting a 14" one to use as a PDF reader.
Re: Walmart: Gateway Ultra Slim Notebook under US $80 (11.6") and US $100 (14.1")
October 16, 2022 06:22AM

WARNING - California Proposition 65

Warning: This product can expose you to chemicals, such as lead, known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Does that mean anything? Is it just a disclaimer, or is the notebook actually more toxic than other ones?
Re: Walmart: Gateway Ultra Slim Notebook under US $80 (11.6") and US $100 (14.1")
November 03, 2022 12:25PM
habibie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Currently Walmart is offering this
> Gateway
> 11.6" Ultra Slim Notebook
($79) and this
> Gateway
> 14.1" Ultra Slim Notebook
($99.00). They
> both are using a 1.1 GHz dual core intel chipset
> with 4GB RAM. It's not fast, but they both sure
> consume a lot less power. Perhaps anyone out here
> can take advantage of these offers. Any taker
> before they are out of stock?
>
> Perhaps, I can see myself getting a 14" one to use
> as a PDF reader.

I sure appreciate it - in fact that was the catalyst for me to get a refurb Dell i7 32GB machine with an M.2 and onboard USB 3+. Here we are three days later and the price went up over $80!

Up until now the content of what I'm doing wasn't up to snuff, so a badder machine would have only helped create lackluster content. Also to flash USB drives with Linux and use USB 3+ to get a live stick seems like it's going to be fun on the rainy/snowy daze.

Mijzelf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>

> WARNING - California Proposition 65
>
> Warning: This product can expose you to chemicals,
> such as lead, known to the State of California to
> cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive
> harm.
>
> Does that mean anything? Is it just a disclaimer,
> or is the notebook actually more toxic than other
> ones?

It's one way to spread awareness that if this unit were to burn or end up underwater, a ton of toxicity can leech out and wreck a lot of freshwater etc. As if they aren't manufactured where the environment isn't already trashed.
Around here we're recommended to eat no more than two locally caught fish per week. I asked about that in a Uni class I had, and I was surprised to learn they take a fish, put it in a blender, not sure which number but probably a good 8 like puree you know? LOL Well the toxic stuff is in the organs we don't eat anyway, so some of these warnings are not completely realistic.
That's my ADD and I'm sticking to it :-)

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
November 26, 2022 09:42PM
SSDs and M.2 on sale for Black Friday etc, but I'm not seeing excessively good deals out there. I got a 20,000 mah recharging battery for $10 but that's probably a stocking stuffer for someone next month.

I'm nerve-wracked whether to commit to a Samsung Pro either 500 GB or for like $154 more, 1 tb.
This new refurb has a brand of M.2 with King in the name, not Kingston. WD Blacks on sale too..

-update- Samsung Pro 1TB

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GLX7TNT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2022 04:11PM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.