Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Toy recommendation

Posted by Gravelrash 
New Toy recommendation
May 02, 2023 05:20PM
If you are in the market for a cheap 4 core intel processor - with 2GB ram and an 8GB emmc card, capable of Gb networking, usb 3, usb 2, minipcie (wifi), sound and that runs at 5V with a 3amp draw - similar specs to the OrangePi. but however with no gpio pins... although you could use a usb daughterboard to provide this.... have a look at the

Dell Wyse 3040 - just picked me a couple of for £20 (sterling) and i see them for a similar price over the other side of the pond.

With the price and lead times on a lot of dev boards - its a good option if you want something low powered to run your kit or just to play with...

============================
Breaking stuff since 1994 :-)
Re: New Toy recommendation
May 04, 2023 03:45PM
> Dell
> Wyse 3040
- just picked me a couple of for
> £20 (sterling) and i see them for a similar price
> over the other side of the pond.
>
> With the price and lead times on a lot of dev
> boards - its a good option if you want something
> low powered to run your kit or just to play
> with...

Yes it is! for that price, a steal. Too bad this minipcie port cannot accept mSATA. I guess the best way for storage is to run this box using USB 3.0+ enclosure and put an HDD in it.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
May 04, 2023 05:58PM
Parkytowers has saved more thin clients from the landfill than anybody. Really appreciative of the sites owner efforts.
June 04, 2023 10:43AM
LeggoMyEggo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Parkytowers has saved more thin clients from the
> landfill than anybody. Really appreciative of the
> sites owner efforts.

parktowers is a gentleman - he also replies to your messages when you email him :~)

Breaking stuff since 1994 :-)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.