Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

C.H.I.P. is a $9, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 1Ghz 512MB DDR3 etc

Posted by JoeyPogoPlugE02 
C.H.I.P. is a $9, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 1Ghz 512MB DDR3 etc
May 08, 2015 11:50PM
http://news.softpedia.com/news/C-H-I-P-Is-a-Tiny-Incredibly-Powerful-Mini-9-PC-That-Runs-Linux-480562.shtml?utm_source=spd_hotlatest&utm_medium=spd_hotlatest&utm_campaign=spd_hotlatest

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598272670/chip-the-worlds-first-9-computer

Wow, amazing - I'll keep my E02, but to think the actual computer and RAM cost less than the USB stick for my Pogo...

Maybe bohdi can help us make processing farms so huge we'll call them funny farms :D

Wait wait wait... I'm not too up on VMs, but say we had $100 of these things tied together, could we run a VM of Windows like it was King Kong? i mean, super freaking powerful Windows with the apps I'm used to?

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Re: C.H.I.P. is a $9, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 1Ghz 512MB DDR3 etc
May 09, 2015 03:38AM
@Joey

if this is to believed, then they will be building it using an allwinner A(x) series processor and the price is based on an economiy of scale pricing model.

It will be delivered as a standalone board, into which you will need to buy (at least) 1 interface card at the very least to give you any kind of I.O access, so the price then jumps straight away to more than 9 dollars.

as for lashing these all together and running windows..... doable, but it will be way complex to setup and it would be cheaper and easier to do it on an x86 architecture board
Re: C.H.I.P. is a $9, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 1Ghz 512MB DDR3 etc
May 09, 2015 12:18PM
Cool I don't have $9 to spare anyway :-D

Shouldn't be long before you have Google glasses with one of these clipped to it, maybe a hat with solar cells and computer in the daylight for a change. Solar clothes lol

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.