Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sam's Teach Yourself Linux Replacement CD?

Posted by JoeyPogoPlugE02 
Sam's Teach Yourself Linux Replacement CD?
November 12, 2015 06:34PM
Being a non-rich guy with temporary time on my hands, I'll occasionally stop by all the thrift stores in search of cheap computer parts and books.

One of the newer ones, my last stop on the way home is a thrift store a church started running. So, little surprise I found a Linux Bible today LOL They were so overstocked they were giving away all the books you could haul out of there. I scored five Linux books written between 1999 (Corel Linux, Sam's Teach Your Self Linux 2nd edition) to 2006's Linux Bible.

Of course these predate even Ubuntu, but for a lot of the headless stuff here, huge benefit for me to go over and over.

So the Sam's Teach Yourself Linux in 24 Hours 2nd Edition had the CD sealed, I carefully went to retrieve it and it's cracked in half, probably because it was at the bottom of the pile I went through. Not sure where to go from here. I did legally acquire it and it IS old, but ethics aside i thought to ask if anyone has suggestions how I might replace it or even just view what would have been on there?

Thanks for your consideration, and remember your local thrift store for all your giving and getting needs!

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2015 07:07PM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
update
November 12, 2015 08:47PM
Wow - the reviews (at least Amazon) on this mince no words. They say it covers getting into trouble and not how to get back out. Says the software is Red Hat and has ill-functioning partition software.
So two of these books are headed to the trash, maybe more. I'll definitely go over the main points and decide.

So the question now is more about knowing when to throw away something that has fully outlived even its donation benefit.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2015 09:11PM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.