Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

512 GB microSD card under $8

Posted by habibie 
512 GB microSD card under $8
February 18, 2016 12:56PM
Re: 512 GB microSD card under $8
February 18, 2016 01:47PM
Doubt it - general rule of thumb..... if it sounds too good to be true - then it generally is
February 19, 2016 02:15AM
Also: as far as I know, the largest Micro SD is 128 GB.

===========================
Blog: https://rmkrug.wordpress.com/

1 x Pogoplug E02 (pink): Logitech media server

1 x Pogoplug E02 (pink): FTP server only (throw away configuration - quick to rebuild)

1 x GoFlex Net: running OpenMediaVault
February 19, 2016 09:30AM
rkrug Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also: as far as I know, the largest Micro SD is
> 128 GB.

I know what you meant, but perhaps you will need to brush up your knowledge on this particular item (see the links below).
Those AliExpress, e-bay, and/or some online sellers wanna make quick cash by selling fake high-capacity USB storage and hope innocent buyers won't be able to use up to its original capacity (mostly around 8 GB) before their return policy has expired. By then, it will be too late for those buyers to complain asking for a refund. I know this because some friends almost became the victims of such a fraud when they bought some faked 2 TB (reality is 4 GB) USB memory sticks (HP brand) from some AliExpress sellers. Using a simple utility, i.e. F3 - an alternative to h2testw, I was able to help proving the sellers intentionally sold faked items and AliExpress immediately issued them full refunds without needing to return the items.
February 19, 2016 12:44PM
Great job bringing awareness to the problem of fake memory habibie. The only reason I'm not as susceptible to buying fake flash is, when it fails, it all fails and prevention takes too long to backup a 128 GB (yes I know it's really like 8GB but the up front spec is still too high to keep all the eggs in one basket) USB 2.0 Whether flash or USB stick.

With that in mind I'm going to do everything possible to resist USB 2.0 sticks anymore, and then attempt to always buy 64 GB, unless it's a 32 GB Turbo priced unreasonably low and available locally.

But to reiterate, my best and worst USB sticks have the PNY logo on them. The tiny ones, that look like Ultra Fit? Never buy those! But Turbo? Hoard them!

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2016 01:09AM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
February 22, 2016 08:35AM
I don't want be nitpicking, but the available cards are all SD - and not micro sd. Which is why I didn't find any micro sd 512GB.

Cheers,

Rainer

===========================
Blog: https://rmkrug.wordpress.com/

1 x Pogoplug E02 (pink): Logitech media server

1 x Pogoplug E02 (pink): FTP server only (throw away configuration - quick to rebuild)

1 x GoFlex Net: running OpenMediaVault
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.