Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AMD Kabini (SOC) Mini ITX Motherboard/CPU/VGA Combo

Posted by habibie 
AMD Kabini (SOC) Mini ITX Motherboard/CPU/VGA Combo
March 18, 2016 05:00PM
Just wanted to pass along if anyone is interested: CS KBN-I/2100 (V1.1) AMD E1-2100 Dual Core processor AMD Kabini (SOC) Mini ITX Motherboard/CPU/VGA Combo $37.99 - 15% w/ promo code EMCEHFM37 ($5.89) - $15 rebate = $17.29 + $1.99 S/H = $19.29. I don't know how much of power this beast will consume. However, being an AMD CPU, it probably will consume more power than an Intel CPU.
Re: AMD Kabini (SOC) Mini ITX Motherboard/CPU/VGA Combo
March 18, 2016 07:51PM
My kind of topic :-). Just to be able to run bootable USB 3.0 sticks makes this an incredible value.
There have been droolable quad core combos like this for around $20 higher lately, some Intel.

What a great time to be a geek! For what it's worth, this year I'd LOVE to get:
2 x Orange Pi Ones as Pogo E02 replacements and
2 x like the one described here but quadcore

Ditch any computer with 128 MB RAM and quit dealing with uni-cores. I decided that this afternoon after seeing torrents on E02 took up more RAM than 128 MB, meaning, to use one of the ones with 128 would be an exercise in nothing but swap file slow death.

That's the future as I see it, the tiny Pis and dual/quad SOCs. Always have a monster big computer on hand, but these little ones sip electricity and allow specialty computers to have a single focus and be the fire breathing dragons they ought to be :-D

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2016 08:00PM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
March 18, 2016 08:02PM
@Joey,

Probably that is just because the Pogo-E02 has 256mb. Runing the same torrents on the other 128mb plugs, you will likely see less RAM consumed! Have you tried it?

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
March 18, 2016 08:37PM
bodhi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Joey,
>
> Probably that is just because the Pogo-E02 has
> 256mb. Runing the same torrents on the other 128mb
> plugs, you will likely see less RAM consumed!
> Have you tried it?

Of course not, you psychic! All Pogos are now safe, thanks :-)

The Thin Clients are on shaky ground, however; two Wyses and a 400 Mhz Neo-something are going to a happy farm where they can play with other....

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
March 18, 2016 11:29PM
I'm with Bodhi on this one, I see low usage on the v4's when i run up to 5 torrents at the same time.....

bodhi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Joey,
>
> Probably that is just because the Pogo-E02 has
> 256mb. Runing the same torrents on the other 128mb
> plugs, you will likely see less RAM consumed!
> Have you tried it?
March 19, 2016 03:05PM
Transmission?

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.