Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Instant IP table/blacklist possible?

Posted by JoeyPogoPlugE02 
Instant IP table/blacklist possible?
April 15, 2016 01:31PM
My Pogoplug(s) are behind an okay firewall/router, but I'd like to try LAN experiments with Team Viewer and various remote desktop apps.

-= and then I just realized, a Pogplug the way we've configured it, needs DHCP to assign it an IP. No problem I hoard routers, so this is easy and work cut out for me.

Still, you guys use IP tables and blacklists, so maybe it's time to up my security a hair, because who knows with torrents - even Linux Mint got owned lately, and that could happen on any innocent torrent transaction.

Might I persuade a die-hard to throw a peasant a crumb?

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Re: Instant IP table/blacklist possible?
April 15, 2016 05:37PM
@Joey
I dont understand the question - can you clarify what you are asking or looking for?
April 15, 2016 07:30PM
Where's a trustworthy IP table and how can I import it into Pogoplug/Debian you think? Or does that take up too much RAM?

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
April 16, 2016 08:27AM
"a trustworthy IP table" there are so many options to making an ip table to meet the requirements of specific setups that one size wont fit all.

you could look to install "ufw" on the device you are protecting and modify it to meet the specific demands of your needs or you could install the graphical variant of it gufw http://gufw.org/ and modifyit that way.
BRILLIANT!
April 16, 2016 05:14PM
I will cease worrying immediately. Yeah that looks to be perfect. What's that other thing called then, where a mechanism prevents excessive login attempts?

That firewall again looks fantastic and many thanks :-)

* Off topic more but today was warm here and my ThinClient roasted without a fan. Just sayin'

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2016 12:48AM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.