Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bodhi Linux

Posted by JeffS 
Bodhi Linux
December 20, 2016 03:32PM
I just visited Distro Watch for a quick what's up with Linux. I see Bodhi Linux on top of the page. Now I've heard of this distro before but is this our communities, bodhi's distro? This would sure make sense with it being Debian based and available for ARM.

As a new member, please excuse me if I've missed the obvious. I'd be interested in hearing more about this and if it is bodhi's distro, I'll be taking it for a spin. As a Linux user, I've found it uncommon to find a Linux guy as knowledgeable, helpful and courteous as bodhi is here. Now throw on top of that code contribution, makes it all the more uncommon.

This might be fun to try to get going on my E02 with a USB graphics adaptor ....

Mr.T voice: Be A Foo Not T Take Advantage of That!
Re: Bodhi Linux
December 20, 2016 05:25PM
Hi Jeff,

No, it's a purely coincidence that my handle is bodhi. I started using this pseudonym "bodhi' before Bodhi Linux distro exists :) "bodhi" has a meaning that I can only aspire to (note that it is lowercase b).

It is entire doable to use a graphics adaptor on Pogo E02, as long as you don't use too high resolution (memory is 256MB).

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2016 05:28PM by bodhi.
December 20, 2016 11:16PM
Bodhi Linux is definitely one of my Top 5 favorite consumer-friendly Linuxes. Any of you try it out as a VM or Live USB? I love that the "best" apps are out front and ready to be installed. Lot's of TLC from a consumer standpoint. Jeff Hoogland is a really cool dude too; I messaged him about some constructive suggestion and his reply struck me that he's the kind of guy you'd want to visit and raid his fridge :-D Gravelrash too. They just exude an appreciation for pizza is all I'm saying. Our bodhi probably has seafood though. Good for the brain :-)

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
December 21, 2016 05:18AM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bodhi Linux
> is definitely one of my Top 5 favorite
> consumer-friendly Linuxes. Any of you try it out
> as a VM or Live USB? I love that the "best" apps
> are out front and ready to be installed. Lot's of
> TLC from a consumer standpoint. Jeff Hoogland is a
> really cool dude too; I messaged him about some
> constructive suggestion and his reply struck me
> that he's the kind of guy you'd want to visit and
> raid his fridge :-D Gravelrash too.
> They just exude an appreciation for pizza is all
> I'm saying. Our bodhi probably has seafood though.
> Good for the brain :-)

You are half right! my favorite food is seafood pizza :))

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
December 27, 2016 05:33AM
Mmmmmm - Pizza.....mmmm...seafood......mmmmm.....cooked meats......

think id best go and grab a snack now you have all made me think of food!!!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.