Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2TB 2.5" WD External HDD under $50

Posted by habibie 
2TB 2.5" WD External HDD under $50
December 20, 2016 04:29PM
Currently, your local Walmart has this WD My Passport 2 Terabyte External HDD $49.00 with a free in-store pick up. This may be a good SATA HDD for your PogoPlug Pro.
Re: 2TB 2.5" WD External HDD under $50
December 20, 2016 07:42PM
That means Best Buy would be forced to price match it as well. Not sure what the difference between My Passport and Ultra, but I've got a 2TB My Passport Ultra and it's cool! Confidence-inspiring and when it's hooked into a USB 3.0 port it's hard to tell it's not an internal hard drive. At the time I got Best Buy to price match $20 or $30 cheaper than list so I felt it was a great deal.

Hopefully those deals stay in place when I get more loot :-)

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
December 20, 2016 08:45PM
@Joey: When you do a price match, make sure your local Walmart has the same HDD in stock. Right now, none of my local Walmart stores has this HDD in stock. So, no go for me.
December 20, 2016 08:53PM
Not at my local Best Buy - I price-matched from a sale at Adorama (our Pogoplug supplier extraordinaire), and it's 50/50 you were the one who told be about it 'ole buddy 'ole pal. Unless this is a strict Best Buy policy dealing with Wal Mart, just tell them you could order it but don't feel like cancelling the order just to get what Best Buy promised and while it doesn't constitute First Degree Retail Fraud, pretty bad the thought came up of it's own accord LOL. I got the manager's email (from the Best Buy website) and usually send him a message asking, and he always said yes when I ask.

* Okay it looks like the regular Passport lacks software which is included with the Ultra. I saved mine but don't use it, whatever it is. Encryption and backup software and there's other ways to accomplish that.

If you've got the jing, buy it! That's a fantastic deal that would normally get you one TB.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2016 09:07PM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.