Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Regrettable purchase lately?

Posted by JoeyPogoPlugE02 
Regrettable purchase lately?
December 31, 2016 09:42PM
With the outset of the Old Year, I take it upon myself to help others leave their psychological baggage in the past.
Me? I was at Goodwill this morning for their 50% off sale. I bought a motherboard for $12 brand new still sealed (ASUS M4N78 Pro) and on my way to pay for it (with money I borrowed), something else caught my eye. It was a Canon CompactFlash card FC-16M. I figured the "16M" was part of the model number and couldn't mean 16 megabytes. Mega-bytes. Not gig.. well you get it. I mean those compact flash cards look like they're some kind of ATA, a poor man's SSD for one of the plugs.
I didn't lose much money, under $5 but have to re-donate it so I don't have to be reminded.

Anyone else up for group confession? I don't feel better getting it off my chest but maybe that's a gradual thing. Still need a case for the motherboard and I hope that isn't DOA 8-)

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2016 09:44PM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
Re: Regrettable purchase lately?
January 01, 2017 08:36AM
Did you mean you bought the Canon CompactFlash card FC-16M and it turns out to be a 16 MBytes in size?
Re: Regrettable purchase lately?
January 01, 2017 12:21PM
habibie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did you mean you bought the Canon CompactFlash
> card FC-16M and it turns out to be a 16 MBytes in
> size?

Yes sir. Unless I can run TinyCore Linux inside a Canon Camera. Mwahahaa!
This reminds me to get a container together for donations to Goodwill or other thrift stores. While I'm doubtful someone would appreciate this relic, there's 50 other things maybe other could use and I'm happy to donate what I don't need, and my loss of face and $3 is small price to pay for the inertia.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.