Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Recommend heat sink glue?

Posted by JoeyPogoPlugE02 
Recommend heat sink glue?
January 02, 2017 01:48AM
I've been hoarding heat sinks for a while now, especially the cute little ones, and it looks like they'll be useful with the Beelink X2 and other H3 boards. This is because the CPU range is between 240MHz and 1200 MHz and usually limited to 912 MHz to stay below the 2W consumption barrier, but through the use of their h3consumption tool the SoC will be fed 1.3V instead of 1.1V core voltage. *
Like they themselves at Armbian advise, if you're number crunching endlessly you're using the wrong computer for that.

So with that in mind I'd like to trick my X2s out with heatsinks and don't know what's good. Even if it's not that hot at all I'd like to take that precaution, just for a few hours greater lifespan. Anything that's great and cheap, do tell! I don't know anything about it.

*Source for some of that: https://docs.armbian.com/Hardware_Allwinner-H3/

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2017 01:53AM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
Re: Recommend heat sink glue?
January 02, 2017 06:44AM
i use a heatsink "cement" available at most electronic hobbyists or online.
Re: Recommend heat sink glue?
January 05, 2017 06:33PM
Gravelrash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i use a heatsink "cement" available at most
> electronic hobbyists or online.

Thank you sir. Maybe it shows I've used my share of AMD processors, both as CPUs and cigarette lighters.

I pried the Beelink X2's box apart and see it's a tight squeeze for heat sinks - and while I have no intention of a 72 hour stress test, I can surmise a heat sink where applicable and some kind if ventilation ought to help quite a bit.
The use I've given it hasn't even warmed it much but I haven't watched a whole movie yet either, on a hot day kind of thing.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.