Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Getting into an LG-VM360 phone running BrewMP?

Posted by JoeyPogoPlugE02 
Getting into an LG-VM360 phone running BrewMP?
September 22, 2017 11:51AM
(the phone is labeled that internally but the company only admits to a LG-VN360). Manual looks the same.

This is what's perplexing me lately. I have a neighbor who is moving, older lady who asked if I could get pictures off her phone. They're wholesome pictures of her grandkids, and I inserted sd card, told the pictures to move to it (there was no copy function) and the pictures said they were being moved, one, then two, then three... I thought everything's great. But nothing really transferred!

I used a forensic tool to comb through the sd card and nothing was moved to it.

Further inspection shows this isn't Android running on the phone but BrewMP from Qualcomm. It never did come into its own and searching shows this OS will flake at any opportunity.

The reason I thought to ask here is because of the claim Qualcomm had a lot to do with the development of ARM processors, and maybe you'd know of an angle. From Windows > USB cable I can see a 5 GB storage labeled Verison but it goes away fast and you have to reboot computer and phone to get it to display. But that's to say the driver provided does connect the phone.

Damsel in distress. "pony up for an iPhone" I told her. But there's this matter...

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Re: Getting into an LG-VM360 phone running BrewMP?
September 22, 2017 03:27PM
connect to wifi or bluetooth and email or send as text to a android or iphone. Did you try on linux and or windows, apple system with the sdcard?
September 23, 2017 01:25PM
feas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> connect to wifi or bluetooth and email or send as
> text to a android or iphone. Did you try on linux
> and or windows, apple system with the sdcard?

No the pictures aren't visible anymore, so it's a matter of scouring the file system for deleted items. Seems to me all LG/AT&T phones were Android after that. As for the SD card, that's out of the picture for now. It's a super flaky phone.
So the plan is to try Snow Leopard and maybe linux through USB and see if recovery tools work that way.

I talked to her last night, and she agreed to be patient, and I told her I'd go slow in the vacuum and make sure I've tried everything. Really flaky phone, and there's two of them identical.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
September 23, 2017 01:38PM
September 23, 2017 05:21PM
feas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> try
>
> http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download

Yeah that's what I used to see the details for 30 seconds or less. So I don't know if it's a power event happening on the phone or computer, maybe even some firewall I'm not finding.
TestDisk and Phoptorec were never sure to look for an NTFS-type or Ext? format. I'm thinkin gof trying another app for Windows called Partition Magic, and fire it up when the phone's plugged-in. This might give a clue what the format is. Another step forward.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.