Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hyundai Protocol X8 Intel Atom 8" 2-in-1 PC With 2GB Memory, 32GB Storage, Windows 10

Posted by habibie 
Hyundai Protocol X8 Intel Atom 8" 2-in-1 PC With 2GB Memory, 32GB Storage, Windows 10
October 08, 2017 07:49AM
Just received an e-mail from Fry's Electronics with this Hyundai Protocol X8 Intel Atom 8" 2-in-1 PC With 2GB Memory, 32GB Storage, Windows 10 $179.00 - $120 (promo code; 9029888) = $59. Please don't let the $120 promotional discount fool you mainly because Amazon's current price is around $90. Regardless, it looks like it is a nice 64-bit 8" tablet with 2/32 GB RAM/eMMC storage, i.e. Micro SD Slot. I was wondering if this item can be hacked to run ARMbian Linux, particularly off an external storage. I was thinking to grab it to run ARMbian and use it as an eBook reader and/or among other things, i.e. streaming video (using kodi).
I had a similar thought. Two big downsides! I have yet to find a way to boot an external drive: usb SD card, USB DVD/CD, micro SD in slot. I'm going to research if I can boot from the UEFI shell.

The second being, there is only one USB port. It is either USB device or Charging Port, never bother. I believe the hardware doesn't support it.

I got mine for $75 and had to return it 3 or 4 times. It came with a USB keyboard, but that failed, too ... Hyundai sent me a new one.

WiFi and Bluetooth work fine. It's just like any windows computer, except you can't do much with it.
Atom is X86,...You can run Debian for X86. Armbian is for Arm CPU
Re: Hyundai Protocol X8 Intel Atom 8" 2-in-1 PC With 2GB Memory, 32GB Storage, Windows 10
September 12, 2018 07:49AM
the processor is an "Intel Atom 3735F Quad Core Processor"

lots of information around how to do this from the sdcard slot etc

https://www.google.co.uk/searchq=ubuntu+3735F&rlz=1C1GCEA_enGB744GB744&oq=ubuntu+3735F&aqs=chrome..69i57.3342j1j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

OldSurferDude Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had a similar thought. Two big downsides! I
> have yet to find a way to boot an external drive:
> usb SD card, USB DVD/CD, micro SD in slot. I'm
> going to research if I can boot from the UEFI
> shell.
>
> The second being, there is only one USB port. It
> is either USB device or Charging Port, never
> bother. I believe the hardware doesn't support
> it.
>
> I got mine for $75 and had to return it 3 or 4
> times. It came with a USB keyboard, but that
> failed, too ... Hyundai sent me a new one.
>
> WiFi and Bluetooth work fine. It's just like any
> windows computer, except you can't do much with
> it.
Re: Hyundai Protocol X8 Intel Atom 8" 2-in-1 PC With 2GB Memory, 32GB Storage, Windows 10
September 12, 2018 07:51AM
I might be out of my league here, but Linux Mint Debian LMDE looks like something I might try.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.